Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Modeling: Didn't Think It Was For Me

There were a few times where friends and family and sometimes even total strangers would observe some of my photos from recitals, or senior photos, and even some photos that my mother had taken and look at me in wonder and go:


"Why don't you model?  You should model!"


Each time I would shake my head and say that it wasn't for me.  Because I though (and sometimes still do) that I don't look good enough for modeling, too heavy, that my teeth are too stained, my skin too pocketed and marred with scars from my OCD/BDD.  Parts of me yell at me for putting this up on a modeling centered blog, saying that I'll never get any jobs or trades this way, but if I'm not honest and up front and REAL... then it could be just as bad, if not worse.  So yes, I am honest and telling everyone that I have scars and flaws in my skin and teeth, and weight if photographers are REALLY that shallow.








The above images are slightly enhanced so that the lighter and deeper scars show and pop, so you can see the extent of my scars.  There is a reason why I stay so pale, its because of these scars I barely tan myself, even though i LOVE the beach and the pool.


If you don't want to work with me, that is fine, i understand that the industry is more worried about the women that can sell and make print sales for the photographer/agency/company versus the petite fuller figured women with scars and blemishes and teeth that aren't pearly white.

No comments:

Post a Comment